Two Indonesian Hostage Survivors Still in Philippines

Sonya Michaella    •    23 Agustus 2016 12:13 WIB
maritime
Two Indonesian Hostage Survivors Still in Philippines
Foreign Minister Retno Marsudi (Photo: Antara)

Metrotvnews.com, Jakarta: Foreign Minister Retno Marsudi said two Indonesian hostage survivors are still in the Philippines. They are currently in Manila.

"They will return home, but I don't know the time," she said, here, Tuesday (8/23/2016).

"They are in good condition. We still need information from them," she continued.

Muhammad Sofyan and Ismail escaped from Abu Sayyaf militant group in southern Philippines last week after almost two months of captivity.

The two sailors and their five other colleagues were kidnapped by Abu Sayyaf militants in Sulu waters on June 23.

The Indonesian government has repeatedly stated that the safety of Indonesian hostages in the southern Philippines is its top priority. The Indonesian government is cooperating with Philippine authorities to rescue the remaining hostages.


(WAH)